Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Back on track!

Finally, I'm back. I've been freakishly busy for the last year or so, and for a while I totally gave up on the website because of me forgetting to update my google account. To make a long story short, I lost the .com website and now to get it back some company who bought the name wants me to pay $799.00 for it. And they act as if they were doing me a favor saving the name for me.
Since September last year I have been playing with the Flying W Wranglers. Even though the ranch burned down, there is still a band and we are having a blast. It's been great. Especially this Summer. We just got back from Branson and finished up a great little tour, including a stop by Ruidoso, NM, to play in the Chuckwagons of the West Jamboree. We got to jam with some great fiddle players and all around musicians. I was blown away by Matt Palmer's licks (Bar D in Durango, CO). He has got some great chops!
I am still teaching private violin and mandolin lessons in Colorado Springs, and planning on getting a once a month workshop together for young violinists who want to improvise a little and get there heads out of scores once in a while. Check out the profile button on the left or the info on the bottom left and shoot me an e-mail if you are interested in any of my work.
I'm going to go ahead and get started with posting some cool websites for violinists and fiddle players every time I write something. I'll start with a well known website that every musicians should know about. It has been by far one of the most useful tools for teaching that I know of. The Petrucci Music Library has an amazing quantity of free scores online. Many are scanned from the original manuscripts (like Bach's sonatas and partitas) and many are almost unusable. Nevertheless, the good stuff outweighs the bad by several tons. The link to it is below:

http://imslp.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment