Sunday, June 6, 2010

Shameless Self-Promotion

Yes... That's basically what this is all about... I'll be sharing other information here of course, but just enough to keep your attention. :)
I've been a musician and a violin teacher for quite a while and making a living at it, so I thought it might be time to give a little back. So I'll be posting a little of what I learned, and I hope that you can make the best of it.
For a little bit of background, I've played in hundred's of weddings, serenades, bars, parties, receptions, inaugurations, concerts, cafes, funerals, hoedowns, etc... Basically anywhere you can imagine a musician. Even played in a traveling circus for a year. But to start, my Dad put together a bluegrass and country band, and I played the fiddle. Since then, I've played from celtic to jazz.
As for my instruction, I studied with a "classical violin"teacher for five years, plus a year in CCDMC, in TatuĂ­, SP, Brazil, and I am currently working on my Bachelor's degree in music education.
I now offer violin, fiddle and mandolin lessons in my studio at my home in Colorado Springs. I also play at weddings, parties... well... consult the list above (just not the circus gig, I'll stay away from elephants for awhile). To contact me, click on "My profile" to the left and you can find my e-mail me there.
I've also been playing with some great people lately... Check back and you should get to see them!



2 comments:

  1. Great, Luke!
    We'll be checking it out.
    Congratulations on both your career and your blog.
    Big cheers from south Brazil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke is a wonderful instructor! He has been teaching our 6 yr old son for over a year and our son respects him greatly and loves taking fiddle lessons. Mr. Tripp is a very patient instructor and even though a 6 yr. old can be a little silly at times, Mr. Tripp knows how to keep our son in line while making sure he has fun during the learning process. Our son learned to read music within the first month and has continued to progress ever since. Thanks so much! ~The Graydon Family

    ReplyDelete